Friday, September 20, 2013

Could it be worth it?

Yeah, I'm a 40 year old guy that will never afford to participate in proper motor racing, but like any guy (40 or otherwise) I like to dream about it.  I also, like many people, play the Forza 4 Video game on my Xbox 360.  I say that, but as of this week, I had to send my console off to the unknown lands of the Microsoft Service Department to get it to work again...  I know I didn't play it that much...

Naturally, Microsoft has waited until I have spent quite a bit of money building up the car packs and other assorted goodies (sold separately) for my Forza 4 game before announcing the second coming...

Queue the angelic choirs now...




I'm not going to geek out on gaming systems, but I know that the new Forza 5 game, that will be released along with this new monolithic Xbox, is well...suposedly just slightly better.

Of course, my head (and my wallet) say there is no way it's worth buying a console and a slew of new new games when I have a perfectly fine Xbox 360.  (I assume it will be "perfectly fine" when it's back from the shop that is.)

But videos like these?






By the way, as I was drooling over, er, watching the last video, I noticed some turns I recognized.  It's the local track where I have actually rocketed around on my motorcycle.  (Ok, "rocketed" is a relative statement there compared to some).  Barber Motorsports - A great place to drive fast...

I'm pulling away - not holding up everyone on the VFR.  I promise...

Now if Barber were on Forza 5 - I'm pretty sure, this question on whether it would be worth the money would not really be a question...

No comments: